For information on available sponsorship opportunities for Brand Innovator Summits or this Blog, contact Marc Sternberg via
Digital File Specifications for Summit Programs
BINDERY: Saddle Stitch • PRINTING METHOD: Digital • PAPER: Text is 80# silk coated • SWOP SPECIFICATIONS
Supply single page digital files (see specifications, below). All soft proofs, such as PDFs, should represent actual size, content and color of ad.
PROGRAM TRIM SIZE: 5-1/2 wide x 8-1/2 tall
NON-BLEED ADVERTISEMENT: Full page: 4-1/2 wide x 7-1/2 tall
BLEED ADVERTISEMENT: Full page: 5-3/4 wide x 8-3/4 tall
(Includes 1/8 bleed beyond page edge to allow for trim. Keep live matter .375 inches from any edge of bleed size.)
PDF/X-1a Compliant Files (Preferred)
- Files must be pre–flighted before submission, especially overprint settings. Any PDF that does not pass our inspection will be rejected and must then be resupplied by the advertiser.
- Only compression compliant with PDF/x-1a standards accepted.
- Safety: live matter should be .375” in from trim on all sides.
- No RGB, Spot LAB or embedded color profiles (i.e. ICC profiles).
- Offset crop and registration marks by 13 pts.
- 100% black-only elements should be set to overprint.
- Do not set white to overprint.
- Four-color solids must not exceed SWOP total tonal density of 300%.
Other acceptable formats (Native Application Files)
- InDesign CS6 or earlier
- Photoshop CS6 and Adobe Illustrator CS6 or earlier [We cannot accept Illustrator 9 files]
- All layered native files must be flattened.
- Create document to trim size and extend bleed at least 1/8” beyond page edge
- Supply only fonts used in document
- Do not apply style attributes to basic fonts in layout program
- Postscript Type 1 & TrueType and OpenType fonts accepted.
- All color in layout application must be set to CMYK,
- RGB & Pantone (PMS/Spot) colors must be converted to CMYK.
- PSD, TIFF or EPS only
- •All art/scans must be CMYK, Grayscale or Bitmap. [No JPEG , GIF, or other method of compression]
- 300 DPI [dots per inch] for continuous tone
- 1200 DPI for linework
- Four-color solids must not exceed SWOP total tonal density of 300%
- Supply only the images and fonts used in the document
- All traps must be set to Knockout or None
- Keep file names less than 16 characters in length
- Letters, numbers, and underscores are OK
- Avoid special characters like @, !, #, &, etc.
ELECTRONIC RECEIPT CAPABILITIES
Files under 10MB can be emailed to
Karen Chacon. Contact Karen via for FTP information for files that exceed 10MB.
To download a PDF of these specs and specific FTP information, click here.